Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Paradise in the United States

Living in Utah is both great and not-so-great. One of the not-so-great things is the hideous DRY climate, which shrivels up my skin to the point of 80 year old/prune appearance (Hate that) So, of course, I crave the humidity that so many other people complain about - Hawaii, Mexico and Florida are among my favorite places to travel. My skin feels so NORMAL, at least for the duration that I'm there.


But that's just a nice little side note - my love of Florida is mostly due to the fabulous warm beaches, the great restaurants, the people I meet, the intercoastal waterways, the mix of culture, and the KEYS.

The Jewel of Florida is Key West - it's such a great place . The event of the day is watching the Sunset, there are 80 plus bars which would take you all month to go through, Harry Truman lived here as President, Hemingway wrote here, and the attitude of "come as you are" makes you feel like you're accepted before you ever even open your mouth. Where else can you get a taxi from a really hot guy on a bike who'd be willing to drive the streets with 3 rather large girls in his little trailer?


No comments: